Monday, November 12, 2012

Our perception of beautiful?

How do we define beauty?  After a nice weekend in Colorado for Davis Phinney's Victory Summit, I got to visit an old friend.  As we sat down for breakfast to catch up, I was happy to hear that we both have had a great year of good health.  The only catch is that along with a great year, came weight gain.  Due to situations out of our control, we had given up being thin for a good quality of life.  

Something disturbing is that we both admitted to having the most compliments from others at our lowest weight.  When I was wearing a size 2, I had many people saying how great I looked.  I graciously accepted the kind words, knowing how wrong it truly was.  I  was malnourished which led to my hair thinning and my nails breaking, but to other's I looked the best I ever had!

So now, jumping to present day...I have noticed I have gained weight and others have made comments about it.  But the ironic thing is that I am the healthiest I have been for quiet sometime!  I have officially been out of the hospital for one year, I am able to tolerate most foods and my nails and hair are amazing.  How is it that others viewed me more attractive when I was at my worst health?  I may never know, but I have had an eye opening experience not to judge a book by its cover.    

1 comment:

  1. i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal medicine from ultimate life clinic,few months into the treatment  i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,reach them through there website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete